NVIDIA’s line of SHIELD merchandise is a superb instance of what Android can do when put in the proper fingers—SHIELD Pill remains to be certainly one of the finest Android tablets round, and SHIELD Android TV is the high Android TV field you should purchase.
Each merchandise are extremely highly effective and versatile, however everyone knows at its core NVIDIA is a gaming firm—not essentially an organization that makes video games, however an organization that’s captivated with giving customers the finest expertise from the video games they play.
Consequently, all the SHIELD gadgets have been designed with gaming in thoughts. In truth, the unique idea for SHIELD was what we now know as the SHIELD Transportable—an Android-powered moveable gaming console. The concept has since advanced and Transportable is a bit lengthy in the tooth, however the Pill and Android TV models are nonetheless amongst the finest of their respective lessons for efficiency and gaming.
As a result of these are constructed with the concept that they can be utilized for greater than easy choose up and play video games, NVIDIA has invested a variety of time and into releasing high-quality, console-quality video games whose Android variations can be found completely on SHIELD gadgets (although they could be obtainable on different consoles, like Xbox, PlayStation, or PC). Listed here are a few of the finest titles that you just’ll discover on Google Play.
Word: All of those video games require a controller to play.
Motion is certainly one of the hottest genres on the market, however when it comes to Android video games, there aren’t a variety of actually good ones to select from. So NVIDIA introduced a few of the finest console video games to SHIELD, together with:
- Steel Gear Strong 2 HD ($14.99 – TV Solely): Simply certainly one of the finest video games to come out of the PlayStation 2 period, this recreation is a traditional. And its SHIELD port performs completely.
- Steel Gear Rising Revengeance ($14.99 – TV Solely): One other nice title from the Steel Gear sequence, this one is tremendous fast-paced with lots happening all the time. It’s nonetheless fairly mind-blowing that that is on a cell platform.
- Resident Evil 5 ($9.99 – TV Solely): A PlayStation Three-era title launched in 2009, this recreation performs extremely effectively on SHIELD. Plus, who doesn’t love re-living all that Resident Evil horror motion? Nice recreation, particularly for a ten spot.
- Tomb Raider ($14.99 – TV Solely): This rebooted origin story for Lara Croft was initially launched in 2013, and it’s certainly one of the finest video games from the sequence. Its SHIELD port performs fluidly and appears unbelievable. Improbable.
- Borderlands 2 ($14.99 – TV and Pill): Who doesn’t love Borderlands? Individuals who haven’t performed it, that’s who. However you probably have a SHIELD TV or Pill, that is on you’ve to choose up.
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ($14.99 – TV and Pill): The factor I stated earlier about Borderlands? It applies right here too.
First-Particular person Games
I’ll admit, first individual video games aren’t typically my factor, however I get the enchantment. If you happen to’re a first-person type of…um, individual, then listed below are some video games for you.
- Portal ($9.99 – TV, Pill, and Transportable): This iconic first-person puzzle recreation was so forward of its time—in reality, this was certainly one of the the launch video games for SHIELD Transportable. It actually says one thing about the recreation that this was certainly one of the first issues NVIDIA ported to the SHIELD platform. Such an unbelievable recreation.
- Half-Life 2 ($9.99 – TV, Pill, and Transportable): I can’t verify nor deny the existence of Half-Life Three in any capability, however I can let you know to play Half-Life 2 on SHIELD. It’s a traditional.
- Half-Life 2, Episode 1 ($7.99 – TV and Pill) : Once you’re completed with Half-Life 2, you possibly can play this one. It’s no Half-Life Three, nevertheless it’s the finest you’re going to get.
- Half-Life 2, Episode 2 (7.99 – TV and Pill): Yet one more to add to the Half-Life record. It’s like the present that retains on giving…however nonetheless leaves you wanting Half-Life Three. Go determine.
Platformer, Puzzle, and Prime-Down
That is admittedly a little bit of a jumbled class, nevertheless it simply is smart as a result of there’s certainly one of every sort of recreation. We now have:
- Trine 2: Full Story ($four.95 – TV and Pill): This was the launch recreation for SHIELD Pill and truly got here pre-installed on the preliminary models. It’s a phenomenal and immersive platformer than runs exceptionally effectively on SHIELD. Plus, for $5, there’s no motive not to have it.
- Distinction ($9.99 – TV and Pill): That is simply certainly one of the extra distinctive video games on the record. This puzzle/platformer permits you to transfer freely in between the 3D “actual” world and a 2D shadow world to navigate by totally different challenges. It’s an interesting play.
- Hotline Miami ($9.99 – TV and Pill): If fast-paced insane motion is what you’re after, Hotline Miami is your reply. This recreation is loopy.
There are a variety of video games obtainable for the SHIELD platform, and that is not at all a definitive record. It’s only a few of my ideas on the finest video games that you may play proper now—every of those titles are, a minimum of for my part, price the value. However in case you don’t thoughts ready for good offers, NVIDIA often drops the value for holidays and different gross sales. Preserve a watch out in case you’re into that kind of factor.